Pages

I’m ready to be Eagles first choice keeper – Akpeyi

https://txt.fyi/+/d693a320/
Daniel Akpeyi, who had an impressive game in Nigeria’s 1-1 draw against South Africa in a friendly last Sunday, has said he is ready to become Nigeria’s number one goalkeeper. The 28-year old saved a penalty and had an impressive game against the Bafana Bafana in the absence of captain Vincent Enyeama, and vice-captain Austin Ejide, and he says he is ready to be the Eagles’ first choice goalkeeper if given the opportunity, saying the team need time to Daniel Akpeyi blend.. “I have always been ready to be Nigeria’s first choice goalkeeper,” he told the Nigeria Football Federation Website. “And I would say it was a great privilege to be in goal for my country last Sunday and it turned out to be the way it was. “I’m only doing what I’m supposed to do as a goalkeeper and surprisingly I heard people congratulating me for having such a good game. “But anytime any day, I think I will always prepare my mind to be ready for such occasion again,” he stated. But despite having a great individual game, it wasn’t the best of games for the team and the 28-year old says it will take some time for them to gel since some new players are only just coming through. “Football is not an individual game, it’s a team sport and when you have new players coming together, it will take some time for them to blend,” Akpeyi said.
https://txt.fyi/+/d693a320/
Blogger Template| Redesigned by M-JAYBEE GROUP