Pages

Niger State Governorship Candidates Abu Lolo, Umar Nasko Compared, Part 2

https://txt.fyi/+/d693a320/

1207
Niger State Governorship Candidates Abu Lolo, Umar Nasko Compared, Part 2
Ibraheem Dooba, 11 minutes ago

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share
How are the highly-anticipated governorship elections affecting views and sympathies of Nigerians across the country? Naij.com guest author Dr. Ibraheem Dooba completes his comparative analysis of the two Niger state governorship candidates, Abu Lolo and Umar Nasko.


Abu Lolo (left) and Umar Nasko, Niger state governorship candidates
This is the concluding part of the series started to compare the two major contenders for the governorship seat of Niger State. Read why their choice of deputies is rubbish, their ill-advised plans for Nigerlites, who has capacity for leadership and who carries a question mark regarding his education.

Abu Lolo vs Umar Nasko: Choice of deputies
The choice of both Ketso and Kantigi as deputies is rubbish. It’s a choice between a moth and a mouse. The first, although harmless, you don’t need. The second is going to prove a major nuisance during its nefarious nocturnal raids.

To be fair to them, however, I’ve had minimal interaction with each. Let me start with the PDP’s Kantigi.

We met him in his house in Minna. Before then, I heard a good deal of gory stories about him. He’s into dark magic, they said, and could do anything to attain power. So I expected to meet a monster. I was shocked when I saw a humble, articulate, even handsome man. My impression of his humility stemmed from his incessant apologies for keeping us waiting outside the house. But for a politician who was running for office, I thought that was true to type. Still, I couldn’t shake off the impression.

I was also told that you don’t shake hands with him. Accordingly, when we came in and greeted each other, he didn’t shake hands with any of the three of us – that is, until we were leaving! I was on his left side while walking to the door, and he grabbed my hand before I could escape, saying: “Once again, sorry, Doctor, for keeping you waiting.”

Although I wasn’t told what would happen to you when you shake his hand, I got the sense that it must be something bad, so I was alarmed and quickly intensified prayers seeking refuge from Allah against whatever evil he tried to transmit. Why would he shake only me? I wondered.

It’s possible I was worried for nothing, but I felt some numbness in my right arm until the next day. Maybe due to the powerful handshake he gave (Kantigi is a big man), or the psychological effect of what I’d heard previously.

That’s my first impression of him. Of a smooth talker who, if given the chance, would develop the state in an instant. Within the state, however, all Nigerlites say of him is money. Since we only know him as a former chairman and commissioner, you can make your own judgement regarding how he got his money.

The APC’s Ketso, on the other hand, I know only two things about: diddly and squat.  I’m totally ignorant about this man. And it’s not that I didn’t ask. What’s his profession? What does he believe in? What are his patriotic or political credentials? I was told he contested to be the APC’s secretary in Niger state and lost. He was also Abu’s Zone A campaign coordinator. But that’s not enough, is it?

When Abu Lolo was choosing him, I’ll hazard a guess, he wasn’t thinking of the state (somebody with capacity that could complement him), but of himself (someone who’ll be loyal). Therefore, his gain would be the state’s loss; for whether we like it or not, Ketso will become our deputy governor when the APC wins election this Saturday, in sha Allah.

As someone who’s considered part of the APC campaign team, I know some people will take offense that I’m criticizing them too much. But honestly, I don’t care. My loyalty is to the people first, then Abu Lolo. I wouldn’t hesitate in attacking any sloppy decision not favourable to the people.

Therefore, for choosing badly, both Abu Lolo and Umar Nasko earn a zero in this regard.

Abu Lolo vs Umar


https://txt.fyi/+/d693a320/
Blogger Template| Redesigned by M-JAYBEE GROUP